Who among us has not dreamed of a "new" country, free of all the taxes, bureaucrats, regulations, and idiocy that often makes life all but unbearable in today's established nations? Political reform is impossible -- so why not start your own country?
This daring approach to freedom has actually been tried many times in recent years, with vary degrees of success. This fascinating book covers the histories of these new country projects, and discusses what went wrong (or right) and why, with suggestions and alternatives available to you.
- Case histories of dozens of "new country" projects, most of them since 1960!
- The five approaches to starting a new country tht have the best chances of working today.
- Obtaining sovereignty -- the single greatest obstacle to new countries -- three alternatives.
- Diplomacy and national defense for new countries.
- Ships under flags of convenience -- as good as a "new" country.
- Internal organization of the new country -- what is best for you?
- How to recruit settlers -- and pitfalls to avoid.
- How to raise funds for a new country project.
- How to deal with the Superpowers, such as Russia and the U.S.A.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of various approaches to establishing a new country.
- The inside story on Sealand, Operation Atlantis, Minerva, and other recent new countries.
- And much, much more, including a lengthy Access chapter with names and addresses of current "new" countries.
Illustrated with dozens of rare photographs, How to Start Your Own Country is a book sure to create interest and controversy. A book that will be invaluable to anyone considering unusual approaches to personal freedom. Highly recommended.
How To Start Your Own Country online from